Jan 3, 2007

Talking to God or Officially ignoring Him

This was pretty weird... with the "Blasphemy Challenge", young Americans are making official videotaped denials of God via Youtube.
(It's the God-damned Internet!)

In my own hell-raising, Half-Atheist/Half-Heathen refutations of God I was never this official.

The last time I renounced the Great spirit/Great Nothing, I was standing on a top of a plateau during a lightning storm with an almost empty 30 pack of Beer shouting "Strike me down" and other witticisms. But hey- this is just a normal West Texas weekend...

(Unruly child of God - or useless egomaniacal drunken exercise? I'm not at liberty to divulge.)

I like to say that My God, if he exists, has a sense of humor.
(Hell, I hope so, anyway)


I've never felt the need to announce my disbelief on the internet, but it is a welcome change to all the christian proselytization...


Their intent was to encourage atheists to come forward and put their souls on the line, showing others that you don't have to be afraid of God. The particular form of the challenge was chosen because, by one interpretation, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, a part of the Christian Trinity, is the only sin that can never be forgiven. And once something you've said gets posted on YouTube, as any number of celebrities can attest, you never live it down.

from Newsweek

Blasphemy Challenge : "Do You Have A Soul You're Not Using?"

And lest I be judged ... here's what the other side is up to .... Please God, Don't strike me down

Pat Robertson is talking to God again...
Evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday that God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would cause a "mass killing" late in 2007. "I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network. "The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that." Robertson said God told him about the impending tragedy during a recent prayer retreat. God also said, he claims, that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Looks like it's time for me to grab a 30 pack and climb that plateau again to straighten out this mess...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another excellent post. You really are a gifted writer.