Jan 15, 2007

Freedom is Speaking Freely

From C&L : Bill O'Reilly versus Martin Luther King, Jr.

O'Reilly:

"Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!"

Martin Luther King, Jr:

"The time has come for America to hear the truth about this tragic war. Because I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in a period of moral crisis, maintain their neutrality. There comes a time when silence is betrayal. Even when pressed by the demands of inner truth, men do not easily assume the task of opposing their government's policy, especially in time of war.

There are those who are seeking to equate dissent with disloyalty. It's a dark day in our nation when high level authorities will seek to use every method to silence dissent. Something is happening and the people are not going to be silent. The truth must be told.

And I say that those who are seeking to make it appear that anyone who opposes the war in Vietnam is a fool or a traitor or an enemy of our soldiers is a person who has taken a stand against the best in our tradition.

There is something strangely inconsistent about a nation and a press that will praise you when you say 'Be nonviolent toward Jim Clark', but will curse and damn you when you say 'Be nonviolent towards toward little brown Vietnamese children!' There is something wrong with that press!"

More MLK
http://www.benfrank.net/nuke/mlk-vietnam_speech_audio.html

R.I.P.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHUT UP....I like ole Bill he rocks

Me said...

Fade, EXCELLENT post. The word "irony" comes to mind. Strike that. The word is Bill, STFU!!!
Keep writing. Ignore the troll. I banned him from my site.
From his pix, he sure looks like he's the perfect age to be wearing a uniform and fighting in the war he so believes in. Alas, another chichkenhawk advocating war while he sits in the comfort of his home, pecking away at his computer on a site NOBODY visits. Now that's irony.

Jay Allbritton said...

Hey, Bill O comments as Caveman on here.

Man, you got a troll. I want one!

Faded said...

This is basically just swiped from C&L- I just made a transcript of MLK's speech from the vid they had up for clarity. Had no time- was hurrying to get on a plane to Kansas city...

Anonymous said...

Its ok Broad I would not want to visit a site that has choosen the side of the terrorist instead of America...ohh and by the way..how old are you?..anyway none of you have anything to say on my site..why?..i choose to fight terrorist and you choose not to..

now now agent I am a nice troll..I dont cuss I just say how I feel..I dont call the Presdent names like other children do..or do not call leftest pussys..any more ..i think..hmm..ok I lied