Apr 3, 2008

Drunken Vid Bloggin: Loverboy

They never have EXACTLY what you are looking for... But. still, its amazin how much shit "they" have...



I guess she was married to him. But as of the filming of this video, it sure looks like she is ready to make it through the night without him...



I am now in love with Rita Coolidge. Or the memory of Rita, as it were...

Bonus afterthought #1 : Kris is giving off a pathetic horndog vibe in this vid.

You know, before I started drinking heavily, I never knew how bad-mfkn-ass these guys really were..



Start me like a motor, make me run... Can you believe I'm down to the fuckin rum? I bet you can..

No matter how FUCKED UP i might get, I take solace that I'm not THIS fucked up...


and, for the record, i wuz lookin for Take me to the top, with the line "Help me make it through the night" which explains the Kris Kristofferson vid above. Couldn't find that fucker on youtube, but I downloaded the whole "Loverboy Library" (self-inflicted) while I put together this blogpost. And, full disclosure: I'm out of fucking beer.

And lest I leave any douchebags out, This one's for Maverick-



Bonus Afterthought #2: Rita, Rita, Rita.



Bonus Update 3: My wife is really pissed that I woke her up with an emergency blog about Loverboy and Rita Coolidge.

Geez. I thought she loved me.

12 comments:

old hack said...

you should post this. this is from my last show. great band clitorectomy and the mutilators. really revolutionary stuff

mines the second song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HjmGkptiok

gimme a vote for band of the month in sf deli magazine.

http://www.thedelimagazine.com/sf/vote.php

I need the support <3

99 said...

Brandy tastes better than beer....

99 said...

Oh, well, and, you do know that Kris and Rita were married, don't you? She divorced him after he did a Playgirl layout with Sara Miles wherein it was completely obvious that they were really fucking.

And... you'd never believe what I just had to go through to tell you this... sheesh.

Faded said...

Well, maybe in the back of my mind, i knew it... But that video just makes me think that Kris is pouring on the ineffectual charm while she's embarrassed to be in the same room with him. Maybe it was later in the relationship when the afterglow hard worn off...

Still, Mike Reno makes Kris look like a Genius/pimp in comparison.

and for the record it was this shit: http://www.sailorjerry.com/index.php

the Capn has nothing on the crew.

Faded said...

OLD HACK!!! Check out this gravel vid on 99's site: http://neufneuf.blogspot.com/2008/04/rx-does-it-again.html

you will love it

Faded said...

and I already voted for ya, ya pandering vote whore!

Randal Graves said...

Loverboy? Why do you hate your readers? Oh well, time to get back to working for the weekend.

Faded said...

99- thanks for that link. Jeez, Kristofferson has done A LOT of things in his life... Amazing.

Swinebread said...

Loverboy!

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

I saw loverboy in concert years ago. Although I'd drank a bit of "the numbing agent" I remember them being rather good.

Rita is amazing.

I do love Kris and his "In The News" from This Old Road.
The entire album is good.

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

When reading the above comment abouot loverboy be sure to have your "sarcasm guage" on high or drink lots of "the numbing agent". I think the agent of my choice back then was, ironically, Jack Daniels.

I used to think of Kris and say "Shut up already!"... but after hearing "This Old Road" I find that that sentiment no longer applies.

Jacq said...

Love RUM. Love LOVERBOY. Partner loves me.

Even...though...I...do...latenight(or early morning on a Saturday)...blogging