Apr 14, 2008

Bitter pictures, Bitter pills

Is this the bitter picture Obama painted?

Bittering Distress

The truth is ugly. But it's there. Not very many people want to look it in its bestial eyes...

Make sure that you go from Cheyenne's place to the Robert Reich blog.

Do you see what I see?
Truth is an offense
Your silence for your confidence

Do you hear what I hear?
Doors are slamming shut
Limit your imagination,
keep you where they must

Do you feel what I feel?
Bittering distress
Who decides what you express?

Do you take what I take?
Endurance is the word
Moving back instead of forward
seems to me absurd

Doesn’t matter what you see
Or into it what you read
You can do it your own way
If its done just how I say

Independence limited
Freedom of choice -is made for you my friend

Freedom of speech is words that they will bend
Freedom with their exception

Do you fear what I fear?
Living properly
Truths to you are lies to me

Do you choose what I choose?
More alternatives
Energy derives from both the plus and negative

Do you need what I need?
Boundaries overthrown
Look inside to each his own

Do you trust what I trust?
Me, myself and i
Penetrate the smoke screen
I see through the selfish lie

Doesn’t matter what you see
Or into it what you read
You can do it your own way
If its done just how I say

Independence limited
Freedom of Choice -is made for you my friend

Freedom of Speech is words that they will bend
Freedom with their exception

Do you know what I know?
Your money and your wealth
Your silence just to hear your self

Do you want what I want?
Desire not a thing
I hunger after independence
lengthen freedoms ring

Doesn't matter what you see
Or into it what you read
You can do it your own way
If its done just how I say

(My favorite song off that album. That whole song could just be the theme song for the Amerka: The Bush Years)...

No Conscience, No Justice

Art image by Samantha

8 comments:

billie said...

it amazes me that some folks believe what the msm tells them to. of course folks are bitter. many have lost their homes; their jobs; food prices and transportation costs are rising- they are in debt up to their eyeballs- and our civil liberties are eroding. not to mention that everytime you turn the tube on- some politician is lying to you and getting away with shit we would only dream of.

used to be damned mad- now it's just bitter.

Cheyanne said...

Hey fade...cheyanne here

Where did you get the lyrics to that song poem you posted? I thought you might of made'em up yourself.

....and then you steal, I mean borrow, my blog title and link the lady liberty picture to my blog. that's freaky Friday stuff boy.....
but I like it.

It shows the "I link therefore I am" line is working.(which by the way I may steal, I mean borrow, and use on my blogsite.

Thank you!

Faded said...

Sorry, I'm a total communist when it comes to the internet

Sharing is Caring...

That's Metallica, btw...

one of the few metal bands that actually has decent lyrics every so often.

Elmo said...

Even though I support Hillary, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't mean it like he said it. But the wingnuts wont. He just handed them ammo to do to Dems what they always do. This is a damn mess, we have to win this election because I aint sending my sons off to fucking war. I fully expect Obama to win the nomination and will be proud to vote for him, so no more blunders like this, please...

Utah Savage said...

I am damn bitter. And I don't even live in Pennsylvania. If working class people all over the country aren't bitter and willing to admit it, they have been lobotomized by eight years of Bush et al.

I don't believe that Barack's comments have hurt him at all. Most of us regular people recognize the truth when we hear it. Yes! Bitter I am.

The Poor Blogger said...

If you want an image, here's one from Alex Ross (comic book artist). I think you'll love it:

http://www.leftybrown.com/alex-ross_bush-liberty.jpg

Faded said...

Ross is one of the best, but its not just Bush-is-the-boogie-man, its the whole system of the rich at the top, bleeding the American people dry. While we quibble about elections, CEOs, Generals, and their pet Congressmen light up fresh cigars with a chuckle.

"We the people" "Free Market" "Capitalism = God"

Bitter doesn't even come close.

Randal Graves said...

Quite possibly my favorite album of all time and as relevant today as it was when it came out twenty years ago.