Apr 29, 2008

Rise and Shine


Bidding ya'll the Fare-thee-Well-

I have no idea if I can actually stay away this time- but I am going to move on to more important matters than trying to sway my friends, family, (and eventually everyone else who became my blogging family) to my way of thinking. To everyone who has enjoyed my Redneck Liberal ranting, raving, and waxing poetic-like, thanks for the friendship and support!

When I started blogging three years ago, the tubes were a far different place. Believe it or not, the discourse HAS advanced. What used to be the liberal opinions of a small minority has grown to be the pervading mentality of the blogosphere in general. That is a very good thing. The only purpose I had at first was to learn more about what was going on, then to link every important story I found for dissemination to my Texas acquaintances.

I, of course, started adding my distinctive flair ;)

My only real goal was to convert a few of them from the ranks of the bushbots into thinking individuals who took an active interest in the news, the media, and politics. And this is all from the wilds of West Texas- so you can just guess how impossible this task was.

In the end, I succeeded with my friends, made inroads with my dumb-as-dirt relatives, and found a couple thousand other voices who taught me far more than I ever managed to teach... Blogging has been a most rewarding outlet for my frustrations. More than once you people have kept me sane just by allowing me to understand that there were others like me out there- And not just out there- but All OVER America- Stretched from one end of the country to the next. And I hope I let ya'll know that all is not lost, even in a Podunk town that once hoped to be the home of the Bush Library (THANK GOD THAT DIDNT HAPPEN!). This place is bad enough.

Other than a few bad jokes, some creative mixed metaphors, and a few pitiful attempts at graphic artwork- I don't feel like I've got much more to offer as a "Voice" at this moment. I've said my piece.

And gratefully, I look around the 'tubes and realize that there's a LOT more of you out there, some just now voicing your own piece- I welcome you to the patch of internet I used to take up- enjoy yourselves and BE YOURSELVES.

I thank every single person who ever bothered to make their opinion known on this blog- from Progressive Chicano, the first commenter I ever had (back on the
Old House of the Rising Sons ) to Targa (who was my first commenter here, back in Nov. 2006) to Fred, to Swan, to Caveman, to Hill to the fans of Ioz's blog who are chewing my ass out as we speak on my Ioz post-

Thank you all.

IT'S THE CONVERSATION THAT MAKES US BETTER.

I'm gonna shut the fuck up now.
(And put my efforts outside the tubes where my mouth has been.)

Ya'll Have a good one.

26 comments:

Phil said...

WTF?
Shit.
Good luck to ya Fade, stop by once in a while, why doncha?
I ain't gonna try and change yer mind, there is too much shit coming down the pipe now as it is.

Busted

Jay Allbritton said...

Damn, Fade, you're leaving just when it's about to get good.

Just kidding. We'll miss you if you do stay away. Please, don't be a stranger.

Freida Bee said...

Maybe it'll be liberating, like breaking an addiction. I hope so. The world will be a better place with you out in it, but the blogosphere will be a bit less interesting.

Freida Bee said...

More than a bit less interesting... you know what I mean (I hope).

I just met you and I'll miss you. I imagine those who've known you longer will feel such loss they can hardly go on.

Anj said...

I see how you are...you give me my props in your fare thee well and BLAST my blog with your F bomb diatribe (but you know I loved it!)
Fade, we are STILL on the same side, but I know you hate who I support. I know she's not Bill and it's not 1992: but like not being 1992 we are in the fight for our lives. I know our choices are not the best, but I will take who I can. Since associations are getting the best of all candidates this go around, I will take the candidate who has been married to the ONLY fucking Democrat president I have ever been able to enjoy in my whole goddamned miserable life. I think I am entitled to have "my girl" at least run and, if the voters so choose, either have the fuck beat out of her or lift her to victory.

And call me sometime dammit. You gots my number. No matter what you say on my blog you're still my #1 guy on the blogosphere and love the shit out of you baby boy!

Anj

billie said...

you could just go on hiatus like i did. oh wait.... :) come back if and when you want- i will keep you in my google reader. i do enjoy a good read. email if you want.

Anonymous said...

Hey, happy trails. You'll be missed.

Anonymous said...

Damn, dude--just when we were getting to know ya!

The Culture Ghost said...

You'll be back.

99 said...

Bye-bye, Fade. I wish I'd had longer to know you. Do a good job out there and thanks for brightening my outlook on Texans.

love, 99

Anonymoustache said...

Fade,
We'll miss ya, man.
Have fun doing what you're doing.

Targa said...

Dude, this is not the post I was expecting... but, then again, no one expects the inquisi...oh wait...

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. So, good luck out there.

As Danny Elfman (Oingo Boingo) once wrote:
Without a doubt, I’m telling you I’m burnt out
My tank is running on empty for far too long
Woah! I need fuel ’cause I’m getting so low
Something drives me crazy, got to, got to get away
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye, goodbye
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye!


See you when we see you.
-Roger aka Targa

Unconventional Conventionist said...

Do. Your. Thing!

But don't be a stranger. Pop by the UnrulyMob averey once in a while. We all always love to see ya.

droudy said...

Dude, say it ain't so!

Oh, well, do as you need to do, but please visit often. Thanks for your comments and for having this place here.

Bob Harrison said...

I'm looking for a post by July. My day in the pool is July 11.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy life! I'll miss ya! I come around looking to see what you wrote about mission impossible day to cross post it and I find out you're leaving the blogospere. Well, adios muthafucker! ;-)

Batocchio said...

Fade, don't be afraid to post every now and then! I'm just a part-timer myself. But yup, there are more important things than blogging.

Faded said...

As addicted as I am to blogging, I am way more addicted to this great community of folks. I will be visiting every one of you guys just as much as I always have. And QG- if I get something really good to write about, it's coming your way FIRST!

Suzi Riot said...

I've enjoyed your writing and will miss your take on things. But I think this blogging thing is not something most of us can - or even should - do indefinitely. It's probably a good choice for you personally and so I say that although I'll miss 'ya, good for you and best of luck. I'll leave you up on my blogroll, just in case. :)

Frederick said...

If I thought you could walk away, I'd be worried. Rest up.

Elmo said...

Go sew your wild oats then get your ass back here;)

Life As I Know It Now said...

say it ain't so! so many people are leaving and I've come to enjoy reading you so much. I can relate to feeling better knowing that there are many more progressive voices all over this country. I come from a republican stronghold and sometimes I feel so isolated. that is why I love the blogosphere. I'll leave you on the roll and hopefully you might come back after you recharge your batteries. if not, then good luck and it was nice knowing you.

Swinebread said...

how can you leave, I was jut getting to know you!

Mauigirl said...

You can't leave us now! I'm just catching up here and am dismayed to read this post! We need your voice for the upcoming campaign season! I hope you change your mind...as Swinebread said, I'm just getting to know you too!

Jacq said...

Gonna miss you...

C.J. said...

From someone who takes unscheduled breaks or just plain damn deletes a blog, I hear ya!

I love your posts and your writing, even if I haven't been by lately.

meilleurs voeux mon amour...