Apr 23, 2008

The Grand Masturbation of the Non-Reformists


"Nothing you do matters! It's all for naught! I am above you because I quit trying! So there! Phbbbt!"

Of course, they throw around their defeatist logic in much more erudite terms, but that's basically the gist of it. I've got no other way to put it but this :

Fucking Cowards.

Sorry. That's you. That's those of you who whine that it doesn't matter. And THEN when we tell you to get off your fucking asses and help do something- you oh-so-smugly "educate" us that it's all some worthless endeavor. "There is nothing you can do to change anything, goddamnit, cuz we-are-Powerless! Don't you see?!" you scream as you pull your asshairs out in clumps-
"Don't you See ?!?!?"
.
All I see is a crowd of losers who give up once everything doesn't go exactly their way. The worst of the worst of this ilk- is the Grand Masturbator himself, Ioz. The pseudo-intellectual poobah whom the disenfranchised flock to like a golden Nader idol. "We won't vote- We'll show you!"
.
I have never seen such a smug apathy-selling blogger. Wallowing in his own shit, he passes down his judgement on all who would dare attempt to make a difference. Here, again, he restates what passes for his principles:

The Occasional Restatement of Principles
You know, most Americans are imperialists. One of the reasons--the reason--that it so amuses me to find the occasional commenter here ask me why I offer no practical solutions to "our" problems, why the closest I ever come to advocating for direct action is to propose minor acts of cultural vandalism. Being an anti-imperialist in America is like being a Zionist in the Third Reich. I am a fringe radical. If you agree with even a tenth of what you read on this site, you too are a fringe radical. Your beliefs and opinions are not reflective of those of your countrymen. The question, "How do we stop being imperialists?" bears as much practical import as, "How do we live without breathing?" We don't. The United States of America is an empire. Maybe you think it's on the downhill slide? I certainly hope so. But it is what it is, nevertheless. The notions that within the body of empire lurks the heart of an egalitarian, constitutional republic, or a libertarian minarchy, or a parliamentary social democracy are the purest forms of political self-flattery. The subjects here may be largely political, but the program is purely perceptual. I am not a reformist.

He'th Amuthed. Well, shit on me.

Look, you pawn shop Socrates- you can sell fiddles until Rome burns if you like, but don't try to pawn your bullshit on me that you are some kind of radical. "The closest I ever come to adovocating.." Jaysus fucking Christ. Spare me your master plan of breaking windows to stop Imperialism, mkay? "like a Zionist in the Third Reich" ... good fucking grief. While pissants like you were telling your neighbors you can't fight the Third Reich, this Imperialist power did indeed help the Jews win in the end. The Third Reich didn't last, for all the help nihilists like you are. The Neoconservative movement won't last either. Unless a lot of good people stand aside and let them run roughshod because they feel apathetic towards it all. .
.
Within the body of THIS Empire, there ARE people like me- and there is the heart of a constitutional republic. We are NOT a minority in this country, although I do surely hope that if you are right about one thing it is that people with your mindset are a tiny, flaccid minority. Everything evolves. And if you haven't noticed, this Empire has actually steadily improved on all fronts- UNTIL the advent of the neoconservative radicals. So don't piss on my head and tell me it's a torrential downpour. There's work to be done. And our actions, and yes, even our votes can be used to shift the direction of this empire.

It's times like this that I actually miss certain things about being part of the Republican sheeple- as stupid as that may sound- I never ran into anyone crying in a corner saying they were ready to give up fighting. We need to rally around the Democratic candidate, whoever that might be- because that's the important battle before us. It isn't proving that some half ass huckster like Nader can make a few votes and pocket some change every four years. It isn't about showing the Dems that they you won't vote because they didn't cater as much to the left as you wanted.

It is about slowing down the Radical neo-conservative ultra Imperalists in our current government. And that battle is won by defeating the Republican party.

It is about winning the class war in America by defeating the Republican party.

It is about defanging the racist, sexist, corrupt Republican party and bringing our soldiers home. PERIOD


I just have ONE Question for you: Of all the legislation that Bush threatened to veto and came out swinging against the Dem party in speech after speech - How much would have passed if there would have been a Democrat, ANY Democrat in the oval office? That, I believe, is a valid question.

So, Ioz, spare some of us who are actually out here trying to improve the country, not help continue the Imperial Corporatocracy- Why don't you focus on something important like this
.
And, I'll leave you with one more Warhol quote, useless bastard that he was:
.
"I always thought I'd like my own tombstone to be blank. No epitaph, and no name. Well, actually, I'd like it to say "figment." "
.
The Iozs of the world might as well have blank epitaths, because no one remembers the crybabies on the sidelines who champion the Imperialists by default. Nothing WILL change, while the country is populated with these impotent self-important folks who think they are above it all.
.
They aren't. And by the time these people are forced into activity from their comfort zones- it will be too late. Don't be just another couch potato. Just because Ioz is intelligent, doesn't mean the sum of his inactions make him anything more than just another Homer Simpson, albeit one with a blog.

I shall conclude with a bit from The Sermon To The Hypocrite by Zos, who may be a spiritual ancestor to Ioz:

O, ye whose future is in other hands! This familiarity is permitted not of thy-but of my impotence. Know me as Zos the Goatherd, saviour of myself and of those things I have not yet regretted. Unbidden ye listen'd to my soliloquy. Endure then my Anathema.

Foul feeders! Slipped, are ye, on your own excrement?
Parasites! Having made the world lousy, imagine ye are of significance to Heaven?

Desiring to learn-think ye to escape hurt in the rape of your ignorance? For of what I put in, far more than innocence shall come out! Labouring not the harvest of my weakness, shall I your moral-fed desires satisfy?

I, who enjoy my body with unweary tread, would rather pack with wolves than enter your pest-houses.

Sensation . . Nutrition . . . Mastication . . . . Procreation . . . ! This
is your blind-worm cycle. Ye have made a curiously bloody world for love in desire. Shall nothing change except through your accusing diet?

IN THAT YE ARE CANNIBALS, what meat should I offer?
Having eaten of your dead selves savoured with every filth, ye now raven to glutton of my mind's motion?

In your conflict ye have obtained . . . ? Ye who believe your procreation is ultimate are the sweepings of creation manifest, returning again to early simplicity to hunger, to become, and realise-ye are not yet. Ye have muddled time and ego.

Think ye to curb the semen SENTIMENTALLY? Ye deny sexuality with tinsel ethics, live by slaughter, pray to greater idiots-that all things may be possible to ye WHO ARE IMPOSSIBLE.

For ye desire saviours useless to pleasure.

Verily, far easier for madmen to enter Heaven than moral Lepers. Of what difference is Life or Death? Of what difference is dream or reality? Know ye nothing further than you own stench? Know ye what ye think ye know for certain? Fain would I be silent. Yet too tolerant is this Sun that comethup to behold me, and my weakness comes of my dissatisfaction of you solicit. . . . but be ye damned before obtaining fresh excuses of me!
...
Cursed are the Reformists! Cursed I say!.

UPDATE: Those defending the idea of that nothing Americans can do matters are working pretty hard to convince me. Not exactly the action I was hoping for, but at least they seem to be doing something to change others, even if they don't believe in it...

A final note (from the comments):

Party affiliation isn't the end-all, be-all. It's important to get in the individuals who will support the issues that you want. Yes, it seems hopeless. But what the Deconstructionists don't seem to realize is that you can get mired in your own complexity. I have no doubt that Ioz (and the rest of you guys, for that matter) are more intelligent than those who support the status quo.

HOWEVER, their continuance of power relies upon your "deconstruction". The less you do, the easier it is FOR THEM to maintain control. They may not be brainiacs, but they realize this simple strategy. The subtleties of the political spectrum are NOT Lost on me, I choose to step over them in order to implement a strategy that sets back the status quo elite. Yes, Hillary and Obama are not the candidate I want- but Change is not some Overnight sensation as some of you seem to feel- it is a gradual evolution.

You have to win small battles and get the most progressive choices you have into office over the worst of the worst. Unfortunately, if the "Ioz crowd" decides to sit this one out, in the name of apathy, or Deconstruction, or what have you- it's a win for the worst. There is a reason they (the status quo pimps) are winning. And it's because there are more people willing to sit out Democracy than participate- And whether you claim it's for some Deconstructionist purpose, or whether you are simply one of those people to lazy to vote, the end result is the same.

Defeat.

It's the Status Quo folks that PUT us down, but its the Ioz's who KEEP us down.

54 comments:

droudy said...

Great post. Never read his blog, but sounds like he benefits from the way things are, therefore he has no inclination to change it. If he did, maybe he'd no longer exist.

Faded said...

He's quite the nihilist guru.

Life As I Know It Now said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this post! He isn't the only blogger out there writing posts that it makes no difference and frankly, I am sick of that attitude. Yes, sometimes I get discouraged and everyone does but dammit, DON'T GIVE UP! If we give up, like they want us to, then we lose everything and they win. And yes, our country has been getting progressively better about human rights, even though there is always room for improvements. That is, until the neo-cons came along and started pulling us backwards into some kind of nazi-type regime. Fight, fight, fight! Our children depend upon us.

Freida Bee said...

This reminds me of something that a friend of mine tells me (as I wince), that Bush has done humanity good in that he has riled the complacent to action. Some might ask if it is enough of a riling and all I ask, is "Will you please let it be enough of one"

The thing that I liked about your Michael Moore endorsement post the other day, is that I like Obama for the same reason, for Obama, The Movement

Perhaps Congress could have stood up and stopped Bush, despite his veto threats. Perhaps, they could have ended the war yesterday, perhaps they could have focused on preseriving the environment, as a Gore administration would have done, perhaps they would have impeached the motherfucker..., but they did not. Collectively we voted for change to sway the powers of Congress, but still elected Bush (enough so that he could do his riggings if need be) and we simply cannot do that again. No. Matter. What.

enigma4ever said...

wow...when you write it...you write it..great post....

( as long as I am not part of the Apathy movement in this country...)

I thought I blogrolled you too..sorry..I will take care of that...

Utah Savage said...

Wow! Snapped my whiny head around. I've been boohooing since yesterday. So I cleaned my house. I'm improving my blog space and adding a blog roll. A seperate site for fiction. I'll pull myself up by my bra straps--oh, I'm not wearing one. Well, there's always tomorrow.

Elmo said...

That's what the fuck I'm talkn' 'bout!

That's why my best beer drinking after work buddy is from West Texas. Colorada' City to be exact. I just need to be around people I can relate to...

Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

Now that was a major smackdown of a major fool! Had my blood boiling it did! And that ending was classic!

Phil said...

Nice rant Fade.
Unfortunately, I run into his ilk all too often.
Step aside please.

The Poor Blogger said...

I've never read Ioz, but I want to ring in on something. There are those who believe nothing will change and so do nothing. Defeatist nihilism it is. Perhaps realism, but I've always been Quixotic.

That said, I will agree with this one part of Ioz (from what I can glean of what you posted). I don't think anything will change if we hope for the government to do it. Even if we elect "good" people, the Democrats would be just as bad as the Republicans.

But that also doesn't mean we sit and do nothing. We work. We, individually and collectively, work. In the face of apathy and indifference from the government, even from many citizens, we work. Facing down what seems to be unavoidable failure, we work. Until we die, we work.

The Democrats will not save us. They will lead us to hell just as surely as the Republicans will. I have no faith or hope in government to do what needs to be done.

So I will.

And I will ignore anyone, whether Clinton, Obama or McCain, who gets in my way.

Faded said...

A commenter elsewhere had to say this : "Hell, I’m with IOZ on this…what? Write polite letters to our “elected” officials? Wear a cute little awareness ribbon? How about a candlelight vigil…from a photographic perspective, they’re very striking.

Do what pleases you to undermine the system…because until large masses of people are ready to start smashing the visors of the local cops, ain’t nothing going to happen."

My Reply: True enough- but don’t blame it on those underpaid cops, dicks tho some of them might be.

Riots in the streets might be Statements, but they also make people look like self destructive idiots.

What we need is some Constructive Deconstruction.

Pointed at the right targets of our ire- the antithesis of the bloggers- which, to me is the likes Of Rush, Hannity, and the thousands of other cunts who spew their racism and their faux violence on the airwaves every day. Let them Reap what they have sown.

It's easy to blame inaction on every one else. The truth is, we know riots in the street aren't going to Solve anything. Guillotines sound good, but they just make way for the even worse element that follows such chaos.

Constructive Deconstruction. The only inaction you need concern yourself with- IS YOUR OWN. Do as thou wilt.

The Culture Ghost said...

That was. And I stand by it. I'm finished with the political system.
If you want my vote, send me your address and I'll mail it to you

Anonymous said...

RABBLE! RABBLE RABBLE!

What an assclown. Please, throw "coward" around some more, it makes you look like such a toughie! Ranting on the internet =/= doing something, you pawn shop Che Guevera (PS, nice mixed metaphor with Socrates and fiddles, you boob).

You keep on sending your dollahs to the Demmycrats pally, keep up the good fight, I'm sure YOU will one day be enshrined in history's annals as one who agitated for CHANGE~, while us know-nothing defeatists will be consigned to history's dustheap. Keep telling yourself that, chief, whatever gets you through. Tee hee, it's so cute to watch the monkeys fling their poo so futily.

Anonymous said...

To Fade:

A commenter elsewhere had to say this : "Hell, I’m with IOZ on this…what? Write polite letters to our “elected” officials? Wear a cute little awareness ribbon? How about a candlelight vigil…from a photographic perspective, they’re very striking.

Do what pleases you to undermine the system…because until large masses of people are ready to start smashing the visors of the local cops, ain’t nothing going to happen."

My Reply: True enough- but don’t blame it on those underpaid cops, dicks tho some of them might be.

“Please people, don’t blame the Brownshirts for busting up your shops and imprisoning your family. They’re underpaid!”


Riots in the streets might be Statements, but they also make people look like self destructive idiots.

“Goodness me oh my, reform is all well and good, but we must not ever look bad while doing it. Some decorum, please!”

What we need is some Constructive Deconstruction.

“Constructive Deconstruction? Nah, we’re fresh out, but we’ve got plenty of cognitive dissonance left…oh, you’re stocked up, you say?”
Pointed at the right targets of our ire- the antithesis of the bloggers- which, to me is the likes Of Rush, Hannity, and the thousands of other cunts who spew their racism and their faux violence on the airwaves every day. Let them Reap what they have sown.

“Yes, let’s put our blogs to the purpose of tearing down right wing talk radio twits! What a novel and effective plan! Thank God we have people like you to “think outside the box” for us”
It's easy to blame inaction on every one else. The truth is, we know riots in the street aren't going to Solve anything. Guillotines sound good, but they just make way for the even worse element that follows such chaos.
“MO BETTA DEMMYCRATS!”

Constructive Deconstruction. The only inaction you need concern yourself with- IS YOUR OWN. Do as thou wilt.
“Ok, I’m gonna jerk off and have a sandwich. You guys ok with that, or should I write letters to Congress instead? At least the sandwich will nourish me and the jerking off will provide some momentary pleasure.”

Faded said...

CG- "if you want my vote" lol...

Faded said...

Anonymous-

Jeezus fuck. So YOU are the one who will "one day be enshrined in history's annals as one who agitated for CHANGE" by saying that there is nothing you can change?

It's not the "brownshirts" breaking the windows of businesses- it's the rioters. Focus your energies on the right type of fight. The ones who get remembered and enshrined (Neither you nor me, I think) are the ones who can effect change in a positive manner. I have no desire to be enshrined. I just want the change. Idiots like you are sometimes useful, easily dissatisfied jerkoff losers that you are- I just wish you could focus more of that "let's hit the pigs with a brick,man!" mentality and channel it to people more worthy of a brick than the footsoldiers. And get a gun, man. Go out in a blaze of glory after that Sandwich and snapping a last one off -"Anonymous" you big badass,you!

Seriously, tho- stop being a dumbass. Dropping out only drops you further. If you and all your lazy ass "Revolutionaries!" (Snicker, like A Gathering of Eagles are patriots-) got together and put your dicks down for a minute- you might actually accomplish something. If you can't manage that, then by all means, smoke a bowl and go run riot- but at least pick a decent target of your ire rather than some police officer who is just trying to keep the dopeheads from destroying these local businesses in the name of "Freedumb".

Anonymous said...

The interesting thing about your post is that most of it could be put to the service of almost any position on the left. I mean, it took a few paragraphs before I even knew what you were for--more and better Democrats. Woopee.

I'm voting for Obama in November, I hope, and I'll even vote for Clinton if she gets the nomination, but much of my sympathies are with IOZ, frankly. He understands the situation a lot better than some of the dreamier Obama-supporters seem to.

Anonymous said...

Dude, admit it, if you could FORCE fidelity to the great and holy Democratic party, you would. The only thing you have against the Republicans is that they have all the power, and you want it so you can make everyone do what YOU want. Save us your bluster, you fucking closet fascist.

Freida Bee said...

Fade- I don't know a single blogger who thinks his or her blog is a venue to realistically change the world. We are a community (if anon thinks feeble- who cares) who bounce our ideas off each other and welcome input, and new ideas. I suppose anon is not too busy changin' the world to comment here. While I can attest to the OCD-esque compulsivity which is behind my blogging from time to time, I always strive to make sure that I am not doing less in the 3-D world because of it. I learn an amazing amount online, and some of it from you.

I just wanted you to know that.

I'll vote for Obama and I'll vote for Clinton if necessary too, and anon, if you think your reasoning is more or less valid than another's, I, personally, think you're puffed up full of your own shit. I don't want the war to be occurring, I don't want corporate scumbags running the show and destroying the environment (and preventing the shifts that can help us as inevitable consumers on whatever level from collaborating with them in the destruction).

I guess you're more radical than me, 'cause I wanted Kucinich to win and don't have some radical new approach outside of a two party system ready to be implemented. Let's see your proposal. I am certain it will take off in the mainstream without the support of your liberal/ radical fellow humans that happen to reside in the US as well who you feel called to go around insulting for expressing their opinions.

(And, no, I am not so dense as to think that my saying such is not doing the very same thing. I just think you're rude, but hey, it's a pseudo-free country and I am about as far from not being rude as they come.)

Anonymous said...

"Fade- I don't know a single blogger who thinks his or her blog is a venue to realistically change the world"

Freida- You have now met one. Although I'll be direecting my efforts in other ways now- I believe. All I cam tell you is that as a direct result of my efforts, mainly via this blog- I opened the eyes of several people who I have direct contact with every week. So, while that may not have changed YOUR World, it certainly has made Mine Better. :)

One drop of rain may not make a downpour, but without all the individual drops- there is no storm...

romerocker said...

------"If you don't have a problem with the result of One-party govt that we are currently experiencing- you are insane."

Agreed. Let me know when the other party shows up.

-------"I don't want corporate scumbags running the show....

Ok. It takes well over 100 million dollars to even run for the Senate. Who do you think pays for this shit?


--

incgnfcnt said...

hmph. you make the mistake of substituting apathy for acknowledgment. your ilk looks to the democratic party as a vehicle for the change you consider necessary to move us towards notions of a entirely mythic america, despite constant demonstration of the elected democratic party's disinterest in doing anything apart from maybe being a slightly more milquetoast version of bushite policy. furthermore, humanity has reached a point where her myriad problems have begun to snowball much beyond her control; the dilution and abandonment of your political will in our vaunted democratic system combined with the fact that you're all agitating for changes that are either basically irrelevant or completely wrongheaded in the face of the actual nature of the collective crisis of earth at present renders your criticism of those of us who actually acknowledge reality completely absurd.

Anonymous said...

So you'd be okay with neo-liberal ultra imperialists then? I guess that's only to be expected. The homophobia, uninhibited cursing, and intellectual myopia are probably good skills to practice; you'll fit right in. Here's a hint: our mutual friend IOZ doesn't really have a lot in common with Socrates.

Anonymous said...

other anon:

Yeah, but it sounds so SMART! Pawn Shop Socrates, har har har! Who cares if it doesn't make any sense?

Faded said...

Romerocker = I can't argue with that, which is why I'm spending less time on this blog and more out in the trenches to make sure there is an opposition party working

and: incgnficant: you can't have it both ways. Is it wrongheaded to oppose the bushites?

Faded said...

For those of you who don't get the Socrates reference, I don't know what to tell you. I'll tell you like I tell the Repub trolls when they argue that the Bush regime isnt Fascist: Keep reading. You'll get it one of these days.

incgnfcnt said...

both ways, huh? well, for one you're betraying a woefully inadequate and dualistic view of politics. but to address your asinine question, yeah, you can be wrong in your opposition of bush. there are plenty of psychopaths who view our ties with the house of saud, insomuch as they are brown people, as unacceptable, and would much rather we slaughter them wholesale. this is an opposing viewpoint to bushite policy, it is also wrong.

i certainly could have used a less hamfisted example, but i have to consider my audience.

Anonymous said...

Was linked here by the Great One himself.
Interesting shit - as satire.
I especially dig the commentariat who have never read "IOZ" but fell right in line anywhos.
You're well prepared for the swearing-in of the next, great Dem President.
Oh, and how many of them can YOU name?
I'll give you FDR.
Now, go!

Mike

Faded said...

Well, I'll say this about the Ioz defense team- It's heartening to see you people getting fired up, even if it is to defend the "priniciple" of doing nothing. Having lived nihilism for a decade, I understand all too well how self destructive it is. It is easy to claim nothing matters and then believe yourself exempt from attempting to Matter. But it's not that simple, to exonerate yourselves from positive action OR believe yourselves "above the fray". Ioz has spirit- and so do those who have commented here- that's good. But please, I BEG of you- don't give in or give up. Because that is what those in power not only EXPECT, but it's what they NEED to remain in power.
Fight for what you believe. Get out and work, one person talking to another, one person Moving another, One person at a time. For REAL CHANGE. If you truly don't believe it can happen, then you have surrendered and the rest of us are left without another ally.
RESIST.

Mr.Fundamental said...

when I want real change, usually I just buy new underwear.

Anonymous said...

DO SOMETHING!

That's it right? IOZ is a PITA because he won't DO something?

Then your answer is to vote for the Democrats?!?

The question after that bit of enlightenment is: How is that doing anything? It's something, but what it accomplishes is fuck-all.

I agree with IOZ to that point. What happens after that, well, that's what a blog discussion is for. (But wait - is that something or nothing?)
I agree our gov't needs to be fixed. Unfortunately, the tools needed to "fix" anything are out of reach for you or me or anyone here. Hmmm. So, IOZ hopes for de-construction as the way to bring about change.
De-construction is much scarier than writing a letter or organizing Move-on parties. But doesn't have that aura of DOING SOMETHING.

I was hoping a third or fourth party would at least start shaking the foundations somewhat. When that didn't materialize...i start to think IOZ knows of what he speaks.

Faded said...

Mr.Fun: I'm glad you support that much change!

Dude: Italy has 11 different political factions (last time I looked) Just like our own politicians, theirs vote party line sometimes and for their regions interests at others. Party affiliation isn't the end-all, be-all. It's important to get in the individuals who will support the issues that you want. Yes, it seems hopeless. But what the Deconstructionists don't seem to realize is that you can get mired in your own complexity. I have no doubt that Ioz (and the rest of you guys, for that matter) are more intelligent than those who continue the status quo. HOWEVER, their continuance of power relies upon your "deconstruction". The less you do, the better it is FOR THEM to maintain control. They may not be brainiacs, but they realize this simple strategy. The subtleties of the political spectrum are NOT Lost on me, I choose to step over them in order to implement a strategy that sets back the status quo elite. Yes, Hillary and Obama are not the candidate I want- but Change is not some Overnight sensation as some of you seem to feel- it is a gradual evolution. But you have to win small battles and get the most progressive choices you have in over the worst of the worst. Unfortunately, if the "Ioz crowd" decides to sit this one out, in the name of apathy, or Deconstruction, or what have you- it's a win for the worst. There is a reason they are winning. And its because there are more people willing to sit out Democracy than participate- And whether you claim its for some Deconstructionist purpose, or whether you are simply one of those people to lazy to vote, the end result is the same.
Defeat. It's the Status Quo folks that PUT us down, but its the Ioz's who KEEP us down.

Mr.Fundamental said...

actually, to be sincerely honest, if I may? I just read IOZ for the words and the recipes. he's a good writer and quite the foodie. he says he's handsome, too. but that we'll never really be able to confirm, now will we! the anarchy and politics stuff is kinda boring and - quite frankly - tedious.

do you have a good recipe for duck? I've been really gay for these amazing chicken thighs I've been getting at the local store lately. something about cooking the meat with the bone still attached that allows the meat to retain a lot of flavor and juice to it.

Anonymous said...

Well, IOZ is THE MAN, so, I guess it's only natural that he keep everyone DOWN.

What's really scary about the "Ioz crowd" is, some of us actually WANT the bastards to win. We unite with one voice and say: "Bring on St. John of the McCain."
Your country NEEDS you now more than EVER!

As a great man once stated: the car is now running on three wheels.
Where's a pothole when you need one?

Oh, and another thing I heard once, on the internets or the teevee I think it was, "RESISTance is futile".

grumpy gus

Faded said...

Mr.Fun! I didn't know you eat! I thought it was all about the cerveza with you. Well, I can't afford Duck. Unless I catch one with bread on a fishhook down at the local playalake. And by Texas state law, we have to cook all meat with the bones attached, and its definitely better eatin thataway. And nuthing a Texan likes to do better after a meal is gnaw on the bone of some lesser vertebrate.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're a Texan! I understand now.

Mr.Fundamental said...

Well, I can't afford Duck.

yeah, well, you blog and all.

are you still wearing what you slept in, or?

Faded said...

lol

Mr.Fundamental said...

every once in a while I silently fart into the chair in my cube here at work.

if I'm blogging or reading the internet, does that make those farts the vibrations of change and hope?

I like to think so.

Faded said...

Just listening to these fuckers makes me tired. No wonder we can't get any-fucking-thing accomplished when these are the self-proclaimed progressive elite thinkers...

If you go one step further into their little lie- that allowing the Neocons to destroy everything will end up causing a renewal, you just wonder why don't they just join the Repubs in order to hasten the demise of the Empire? Well, that would be doing something. And the only thing these guys want to do is polish their rhetorical skills and emulate Gorgias. For a bunch of people who pride themselves on their grand reasoning ability they can't quite seem to see the forest for the trees.

Faded said...

Chaos theory states that emission could indeed cause vast repercussions in the cosmos. Hopefully the person in the cubicle next to you is a republican.

And I will have driven a Defeatist into Action!!!

I'm so skilled. The Blog is working! The blog is working! Freedom is on the march!

Mr.Fundamental said...

phhhhhhht.

El Serracho! said...

i'm a little late to the game here.. who is it again? the "self proclaimed progressive thinkers?"

shakesville?

Faded said...

El S- I think we can all agree on our dislike of the Shakesville Fembots.

incgnfcnt said...

considering your audience.
it's not much of an exaggeration to state that your average american could read over my first comment and take away nothing more than something about "brown people", the effect of which would be to leave them somewhat distressed.
yes, they really are that hopeless and even further gone. just look at the saint's present calamity.

speaking of, my father was a precinct captain here in iowa. he knew i was ostensibly supporting ron paul (support amounting to playing second guitar in a singalong rendition of space oddity at a twentysomething fundraiser), and knowing my character made no attempt to canvass me, but he's an intelligent man and i can sympathize with his participation on some level, but can never bring myself or see the purpose in doing the same, something he attributes to me being a misanthrope. to which i ask 'when has this species and, more specifically the members in this nation ever given me cause to be anything but', to which there is no answer.

contrary to your assertion, this empire has not 'steadily improved on all fronts', the circuses have just been getting better, although we're a bit short on bread as of late.

Faded said...

Uh, insgn- "considering your audience" - My audience is the Ioz crowd here. And aside from a few, (yourself included) most of their comments have been completely infantile. I had to delete about 15 fart comments from the Ioz audience. Intelligence is not required, but it is preferred.

Anonymous said...

most of their comments have been completely infantile. I had to delete about 15 fart comments from the Ioz audience.

You deleted mine, you pudslapper, and I didn't say anything infantile. So, mocking the stupidity on display here is equivalent to "fart comments". Now we know that not only are you a moron, but a coward and a liar too. But at least your dishonest cowardice is in service to all that's good and true!

Oh, wait, sorry - a Coward and a Liar! Gotta hit that capslock key to show my Righteous Outrage!

Faded said...

What is this effusive Capslock usage that you speak of?

Frantz- the pudslapper would be Anon#3 above. If I deleted your comment above, it was probably a useless rant that didnt address the topic. I kept all the ones that actually were on topic. Some of them mock, some critique, some simply insult. But I kept them. I got rid of the stupidity, tho. Sorry if that offends.

Would you care to address the subject of the post or are you just here to whine about the comments policy?

Anonymous said...

Bwa...hahahahahaha! Bravo! I love it when you do-nothing pwogwessive corporate shills get up on your hind legs and shake your tiny fists at the everyone who refuses to join your little Hillbama cult. Thanks you cowardly little dumbfucks like you, we're supplied with an endless stream of pathetic rationalization and self-justification. Well done, pwoggie!

Faded said...

Alan- You guys blow my mind with your hypocritical ranting- How is it that I am a coward and a dumbfuck because I am actually DOING SOMETHING? How is sitting on your ass somehow braver than me getting out and involved directly with people in my community and working to get better candidates in office? Oh yes, it's not. I don't get why you do-nothings get so offended that some of us are actually working AGAINST the Corporations- Not just whining about them. What is it that scares you people so much about those of us who are actually getting out there and joining the fight?
It's sooo much easier for the truly pathetic to wallow in your hopelessness. If its all so hopeless, why don't you go away? Why don't you rail against the ones who you pretend to hate instead of me? God, it would be so easy to dismiss you people the way you dismiss progressives. But if we don't stand together (and standing involves putting the hookah down and getting out there) then that makes it all that much easier for the corporations to control you. In this industry (Investment banking) I'm about the only non-neocon/non-corporatist out there. And as much as you might deign to look down at me for my attempting to change things, they are falling down laughing every time another one of you "Intellectuals" give up fighting. YOU are the ones shilling for the corporations with your inaction. Fucking whiny worthless sellouts. And selling out for what? So you can feel justified in your nothingness. Well, You are Not.

Faded said...

Well, in Alan's defense, went to his website and he's apparently NOT one of the do=nothings. He's just got an attack dog program against the Dems. Fair enough. Good to see other parties gaining traction. As long as it doesnt become divide and conquer as we have seen in the past.

Stopping war in Iran (which WILL go ahead with McCain as President) is of prime importance.

Anonymous said...

Your ham-handed BLAAHGING =/= "doing something", kemo sabe. You're masturbating in public.

Faded said...

Well, as long as I have a rapt audience of folks like you to stare open mouthed and drooling at my mighty self-flagellation...

Faded said...
This comment has been removed by the author.