Dec 20, 2006

Whoring for the blogs, whoring for the gods.

(Has Everyone switched to the Google version already? I am still holding out. Is there anything I should know?)

Navyswan probably thinks I forgot, or punked out on this = No, I was just going to grab the first book I could when I walked in my house, but of course, it slipped my mind= so I have to use the first book here in my office...

INTERNET CHAIN BLOG Dilly-bopper Thingamajig:

Well, here are the rules...1. Find the nearest book.2. Name the book and the author.3. Turn to page 123.4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page.5. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.6. Tag three more folks.

Well, this is seriously it... It was this or my Uniform Investment Adviser Law Exam book, so ...

From The Holy Bible, New Analytical Indexed Version : Author: Exodus (God, some random jewish priest?)


For a considerable period the mountain to which tradition has pointed is Jebel Mousa, "the hill of Moses". On its northern side is a great plain capable of holding the host of the Israelites, while on the southern side is another extensive plain. On the northern side the valley is flanked by high, mountains of dark granite- "stern, naked splintered peaks and ridges of indescribable grandeur, and it is terminated by the bold and awful front of Horeb, rising in frowning majesty from twelve hundred to fifteen hundred feet in perpendicular height".

Yeah, I know. Who invented this fricking game? Shouldn't you have picked out, like, the most interesting passage in a certain chapter? But no- we are forced to use random, most likely boring-as-hell excerpts. Ah, the internet. Time, it is - a'wasting...

And believe me, as boring as that passage was, it shines brightly in comparison to Investment law. Fuck it! I am breaking the damn rules on this game because- Well, I'm a rebel, damn it!

(yeah.. ooooh ahhh - you wild bastard...)

Best passage in the bible in Exodus (that I can find in 3 minutes or less) :


Exodus 34
14: For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name IS
jealous, is a jealous God:

15: Lest thou make a convenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice:
16: And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.


Wow, this bible shit is better than I thought. I can damn near find something to make a Christian TM cringe on every other page. Loverly.

Peace out. And if you have to go "A-Whoring", please do it for the Gods.

Oh hell- Forgot #6- Tag 3 other people- well, speaking of whores, here are my 3 favorites:

MegadoucheBrad, Bill Kristol, and ... hell, Caveman- you own a book, man?

1 comment:

Jim Wilkins said...

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the Lord, whose name IS
jealous, is a jealous God:

Question to ponder. If God is a jealous God, what is he jealous of?

The statement implies there ARE other Gods, and to be jealous of them means they are more powerful than he is?