Oct 9, 2007

Ebb and flow

Mirth's Incomparable Peace and Revolt

This is a great post. And there's a lot of good stuff in the comments. Especially revealing are the comments by busboy, a conservative who tries endlessly to convince us that everything's alright. He wants to tell all of the Americans who are unhappy with our dead children, our endless money for wars, our shortage of funds for children's healthcare, and our newfound lack of freedom that it's all OKAY.

Because that's the way it works, goshdarnit! Of course, it didn't work that way BEFORE this madman took office, not to THIS appalling extent, but hey that's not the point anyway.

The point of the men who stand on the street corners and yell "Everything's alright! Nothing to see here!" is that they are desperately attempting to distract us, Americans who care, from doing something about the shithole they are forcing the middle class and inevitably themselves into. They actually believe that turning a majority of people in this country into paupers, unhealthy paupers, that they are setting themselves up to be our plantation owners.

The rich will get richer for awhile.

But destroying the country for 90% of Americans so that the other 10% can bleed it dry isn't historically, a very good policy for an empire's future.

And the men at the top, inevitably, end up at the feet of the "rabble" they so despise.

Patriotism is wanting your country to prosper. Not just the wealthy. It is looking further than your own bank account and making personal sacrifices that benefit the majority of your countrymen.

Ask not what your country can do for you- Blackwater, Halliburton, Bechtel, ExxonMobil.

Ask what you can do for your country and its future. And I assure you, it is NOT trusting in tax cuts, propping up the ever-weakening U.S.dollar and funnelling our country's money into Saudi Arabia, Iraq and China - all the while pretending its all for the good of "Free trade". Bullshit.

"But that's the way it works."

It's the way it works under a bunch of traitors to the American way, that IS a fact. But that's not the way it is supposed to work, it is NOT the way it has worked in the past, and if we want our country to stay on top, and not fall the way of Britain, (most notably and recently) then we will change the way it is "working".

3 comments:

mirth said...

Fade, a compliment from you means SO MUCH to me. I mean that sincerely.
I don't think Busboy will mind me saying (and I certainly don't), that he and I correspond regularly and I like him in spite of disagreeing with nearly every thought he has.
What he got from this post you cite is that I am trying to resist by de-commercializing my personal life, revolt by opting out of The Program. He saw it as me downsizing to stave off financial ruin in the years ahead.
Conservatives and Liberals are wired differently. We're barely of the same species.
As for the post:
I think opting out is the only viable means we have of effecting change. It's the one action that the bastards now in control haven't a plan for.
Turns out, for me at least, that it's a better way to live.

mirth said...

Jeeze.

Busboy did not get that I am trying to resist by de-commercializing my personal life, revolt by opting out of The Program. Instead he sees it as a way to save $.

That's what I meant to write.

mirth said...

Please excuse this OT

People, do not miss this:

http://blueherald.com/2007/10/al-gore-not-running-for-president-yet/